Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Remembering Russ

At church last Sunday the pastor mentioned that social media is known for not talking about the "real" things of life.  It mainly celebrates the best of our lives.  i guess thats OK.  However, i experience sometimes there will be an urgent prayer request.  I discovered at three in the early morning on September 3 a post from my friend Barb letting me know that her husband Russ had a heart attack. I called her right away.

The next few days were a roller coaster ride.  Russ went home to be with the Lord on September 9.  Barb and her young adult children, Reagan and Josiah, are dealing now with their loss. I was at the hospital with them.  Now we will try to walk by their side as they go through this journey.

Russ became my friend when he married my friend. He was one of the guys that went to my church.  Little did I know he would be in my life the 21 years.  He accepted my family and treated them like family.  He liked to joke around and we would play word games with puns.  He loved Mexican food.  He was also a So Californian like me.  We actually both lived in Ontario and Upland, although we never met in California.  We went to visit them the Sunday after our return from our California vacation.  We talked about Disneyland etc.  That was our last visit with him.  The next one will be in heaven someday.Unto then you'll be missed.


No comments:

Post a Comment